The Salon Series:
The Salon Series is a project of BADP. Our aim is to foster community and conversation around topics related to sexuality, reproductive experiences and reproductive health. We invite presenters from a wide range of disciplines and perspectives to share and engage us in thought provoking conversation. All events are free and open to the public. We do pass a hat and ask for donations to support the ongoing work of BADP.
Do you have a topic you would like to share, or a presenter you would like to invite to join us? Please email email@example.com to get involved or share a suggestion.
- March 10: Mental Health Training for Doulas, Motivational Interviewing
- February 18: Moon Blood Magic with La Loba Loca
- November 17: The Pill and Patriarchy with Kristen Portney
- September 9: An evening with Abortion Provider: Dr. Shelley Sella
- July 26: Preconception Physiology: Optimizing Body Patterns for Successful Conception & Gestation using Herbs and Diet
- July 8: Bringing Funerals Back Home: Stories and perspectives from a death doula
- June 11: Pregnancy and Substance Use: How WE can better support pregnant, drug using, people
- May 12: Ayurveda in Reproductive Health
- April 28th: Adoption from the perspective of Birth Parents, Adoptees, Birth Parents and Expectant Birth Parents.
- February 26th: Speakers from the BirthKeepers Summit
- November 11th: Cultivating Birth Community: Spiritual and Emotional Wisdom
- October 23rd: We Always Resist:Trust Black Women
- July 22nd: Abortion Storytelling and Stigma
- June 24th: Racism & Disparities in Reproductive Care
- May 27th: Consent is Sexy, Baby!
- April 29th: Peggy Vincent author of Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Modern Midwife
- March 10th: Dancing for Birth Workshop
- Febuary 18th: The Power of Nutrition During Pregnancy
- January 29th: Roe V Wade Anniversary Service
- November 6th: This Hormonal Life 2: How hormones make us more powerful, more awesome, and more likely to succeed
- October 23rd: Midwifery Paths and Practices
- August 27th: Supporting Women Who Self-Induce Abortions
- July 23th: A Total Body Approach to Healing After Baby
- June 13th: A Conversation with Phyllis Klaus (Author of When Survivors Give Birth and DONA founder)
- May 28th: Full-Spectrum Advocacy
- April 20th: Abortion Funds Bowl-a-Thon!
- March 20th: Ways of Wisdom: Using Herbs to Control Fertility
- Febuary 28th: What to Expect When You're Not Expecting: Motherhood and Responsibility in Embryo Adoption
- January 10th: Radical Doula Guide Release Party with Miriam Zoila Perez
- December 14th: Building a Doula Movement: A Round Table and Holiday Party
- November 28th: Supporting Women During Obsteric Emergencies
- October 24th: Situating Adoption in the Reproductive Justice Movement
- July 25th: Counseling, Compassion and Support: Experiences and Lessons from Abortion Counseling
- March 28th: All about the Placenta: The Science, Art and Eating of the Placenta
- March 21st: What is a Full Spectrum Doula?
- March 14th: Orgasm Outside the Box
- March 7th: This Hormonal Life